Account compromised, primary alias replaced with throwaway email, ACSR auto-failing

fish tweens 20 Reputation points
2026-09-26T06:31:10.63+00:00

My account was hijacked and the hacker changed the primary alias to a burner domain, completely deleting my original email address from the account. He also changed the password and as I suspect, other info as well.

Because my original email was deleted as an alias, the automated recovery form (ACSR) rejects my submissions immediately or fails to locate the record. When I submit the form using the hacker's burner address, it gets auto-denied because the hacker modified the security details. I have paid games tied directly to this account ID that I can no longer access.

How can this be escalated to an Account Takeover Investigation? Is there any path to re-link or recover my account? Please this means a lot to me I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-26T07:09:45.15+00:00

Account recovery is an online automated process, even if you are able to contact Microsoft Support, they cannot recover your account, they can only refer you to the account recovery form.

I wish I had better news for you, this forum is just a user to user forum, for security purposes, no-one here has any account access, when a Microsoft account is hacked, if the hackers change the associated data like the Email, then that account is usually no longer recoverable, try using the process they provide on this link to recover a hacked account, if this process is not successful, sadly, that account cannot be recovered.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.