how do I get back the original home page? It went dark and I can't se anything.

Russell Peterson 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T21:27:10.43+00:00

how do I get back the original home page? It went dark and I can't see anything.

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 11

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ferdinand Nanalig 33,405 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-25T22:01:42.5666667+00:00

    Hi, let me help you.

    In Edge, click the three dots in the top right, go to Settings, then "Start, home, and new tabs" on the left. Under "When Edge starts," set it back to "Open the New Tab page" or "Open these pages" with your preferred site. Do the same check under "New tab page" for the search engine and any custom URL "Wave" might have set there.

    Also check Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Address bar and search, to make sure the default search engine wasn't switched to something tied to Wave. Then go into Settings > Extensions and remove anything called Wave or anything you didn't install yourself, since hijackers often revert your homepage on restart if the extension is still active. If it's not listed as an extension, check Windows' installed apps (Settings > Apps) for a "Wave" program and uninstall it from there too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.