Am I able to update from 7 to 11 in a MSI A6200 laptop

Shaaron Schnurr 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T17:15:22.0066667+00:00

I just found my late husbands MSI A6200, it is in near new condition, but only has Windows 7 Home Premium on it, can I update it to Windows 11 ? also says it needs an internet adapter, I would like to be able to use it although I have a Panasonic CF.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hendrix-V 19,485 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-26T03:14:51.67+00:00

    Hi Shaaron Schnurr,

    Thank you for your question. The MSI A6200 is an older laptop model that was originally designed for Windows 7-era hardware. Because of its age, it does not meet the hardware requirements for Windows 11, so an upgrade to Windows 11 is not supported.

    Regarding the message indicating that an Internet adapter is needed, this is likely related to a missing or unavailable network driver rather than the Windows 11 upgrade itself. If you wish to continue using the laptop, you may want to check the device's network hardware and install the appropriate drivers from the manufacturer's support resources.

    Please also note that Windows 7 has reached End of Support (EOS). Devices running Windows 7 no longer receive security updates, bug fixes, or technical support from Microsoft. For this reason, using Windows 7 on the internet may expose the device to increased security risks.

    If you would like assistance identifying the network adapter issue or exploring alternative operating systems for the laptop, feel free to provide more details and the community will be glad to help further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Bulldog 4,765 Reputation points
    2026-09-25T17:35:22.41+00:00

    I'll save you a lot of trouble: You can't update a computer that originally shipped with Windows 7 to Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.