In the Bookings Calendar view, how can I change service event colours?

Mitch Searle 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T16:28:32.3033333+00:00

Hi,

We have recently started using Bookings for our appointment management. We offer varying services on our site, and would like to be able to have these coloured based on their service type. I had the work around of assigning different staff to change the colour, however that was not a viable option as it allowed online bookings to be booked twice for the same slot, where we only can have one booking of any service type at a time?

I also saw in conditional formatting about the colour change rule, but this only applies to the calendar view in Outlook? Can this work for the calendar view in the Bookings app/web view?

Thank you,

Mitch

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Calendar
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Levi Cornwell 255 Reputation points
    2026-09-25T17:06:03.0166667+00:00

    I don't think the shared Microsoft Bookings calendar currently supports assigning a different color to each service type.

    Microsoft does document color categories for personal booking meeting types, but the shared Bookings service settings don't include a color/category option.

    So the Outlook conditional formatting rules would apply to the Outlook calendar view, not change the colors in the Bookings calendar itself.

    Using different staff members as a workaround can also affect availability and allow the same time slot to be booked, so I wouldn't use that just for coloring.

    If anyone has found a newer Bookings feature that adds service-based colors to the shared calendar, I'd be interested to know as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Ryan-N 16,095 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-25T16:51:15.36+00:00

    Hi Mitch,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    I’d like to provide you with the following information:

    Outlook Conditional Formatting does not apply to the calendar view in Microsoft Bookings.

    At the same time, regarding your request to configure each service with its own color while also ensuring that appointments do not overlap in Bookings, at this time, I have not found any information or option that allows this type of configuration.

    However, I believe the feature you described would be quite useful for managing and distinguishing between appointments. In this case, I recommend sharing your idea with the Microsoft product development team through the official Feedback portal.

    When a suggestion receives positive interest and support from the user community, Microsoft may consider it for future updates.

     If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.