I cant do updates on my windows 8.1 after doing a recovery on my laptop, I get a 80072EFE error code, what do i need to do?

Kevin Kohlberg 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T02:15:10.88+00:00

I cant do updates on my windows 8.1 after doing a recovery on my laptop, I get a 80072EFE error code, what do i need to do?Dell 1235 Inspron laptop

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Dio Xavier 296.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-24T02:26:42.22+00:00

    Hello,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Community.

    Good evening, @Kevin Kohlberg . This behavior is expected. Windows 8.1 has not been supported since January 2023. No updates, fixes, or access to the Store are available; all these features have been disabled. Please be aware that the system is insecure and many applications no longer work with this edition of Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.