For iPhone with Phone Link / Link to Windows, do not pair it manually from the Bluetooth settings app first. Start the connection from Phone Link on the Windows 11 PC instead.
Steps:
- On the PC, open Phone Link.
- Choose iPhone when prompted.
- A QR code should appear.
- On the iPhone, open the Camera app and scan the QR code.
- Install or open Link to Windows on the iPhone, then follow the in-app pairing steps.
- Accept the Bluetooth pairing prompts on both devices.
- Allow the requested permissions on the iPhone, including notifications, messages, and contacts if prompted.
If manual Bluetooth pairing was already attempted, remove the old pairing and start over:
- On the PC, go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices and remove the iPhone.
- In Phone Link > Settings > My Devices, remove the iPhone if it appears there.
- On the iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, tap the PC entry, and choose Forget This Device.
- Turn Bluetooth off on both devices, wait about 10 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
- Open Phone Link on the PC and complete setup from there.
Also verify these basics on Windows 11:
- Bluetooth is turned on: Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices.
- Airplane mode is off: use the taskbar quick settings.
- If Bluetooth is not working generally, run Start > Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters > Bluetooth > Run.
- If needed, update the Bluetooth driver in Device Manager > Bluetooth > right-click adapter > Update driver.
If the phone still does not appear during setup, remove the Bluetooth device and add it again from Windows:
- Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices.
- For the problem device, select More options > Remove device > Yes.
- Then retry the Phone Link setup flow.
References:
- Bluetooth Pairing - Microsoft Q&A I am trying to pair my iphone to my PC so I can use PhoneLink. They will not pair. Any suggestions? I have spent hours chatting with Microsoft Support and Apple Support. No luck in solving thsi issue.
- Why can't I connect my Iphone to my PC with Phone Link - Microsoft Q&A I recently bought an Iphone 17 and I'm trying to connect to my Windows 11 PC with Phone Link. I can easily connect them by going through the Bluetooth app, but the phone never shows up in the Phone Link app. I've tried linking through the Phone Link app and the Link to Windows app, but neither one works. Either it never completes or it says it can't connect. I've spent hours on the internet trying every suggestion I can find and I still can't get it to work.
- Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows
- Pair a Bluetooth device in Windows