How do I enable all my microsoft apps on my pc? (microsoft word,power point,etc..)

amanda chong 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T12:08:35.8+00:00

I am having an issue in opening my microsoft apps on my pc including microsoft word and powerpoint. I have already downloaded microsoft word but whenever I press it it says "We're sorry, but word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result". It has been like this from the first time I downloaded it. Not only that, I'm also having trouble with my microsoft 365 app. I've been unable to close the app because it keeps saying "We're getting things ready". I've already tried deleting the app and cancelling it but nothing works. It's still frozed. Is there anything I could do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Andrew Geddes 751 Reputation points
    2026-09-22T12:28:01.9966667+00:00

    Highly likely the installation of m365 is corrupted or didn't complete properly. There are a few options to fix this but let's try the simplest path

    Update Office first

    • Open Word and create a blank document if it opens without error.
    • Go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
    • If Update Now is not shown, select Enable Updates first.
    • Restart the PC after updates finish.

    If that doesn't work, or if Word crashes before it will run the update, you'll need to dig into system settings.

    Run an Office repair

    • Go to Start > Settings.
    • On Windows 11: Apps > Installed apps.
    • On Windows 10: Apps and Features.
    • Select Microsoft 365 or Office > Modify.
    • For Click-to-Run, choose Online Repair > Repair.
    • For MSI-based installs, choose Repair > Continue.
    • Restart the PC when the repair finishes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. DaveM121 937.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-22T12:42:21.3433333+00:00

    1

    You mention Office and Microsoft 365, ensure you only have one version of Office installed on your PC, if there is a second version, uninstall the oldest version of Office.

    2

    Before performing this process, please log into your Microsoft account on this link (https://account.microsoft.com/services/) and check to ensure your Office licence or Microsoft 365 subscription is listed correctly on your account.

    Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

    Go to Apps, then scroll down to find Microsoft Office

    Select that and choose Modify - Online Repair

    That should fix any issues with your Office Installation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.