Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 does not update to W10M

Sulo Karlsson 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T09:26:15.4233333+00:00

Hi!

I have a problem with Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 model 059X171 when updating to W10M. I have been tried OTCUpdater and Offline update project V.5.2. I have watch tutorials, articles and a same thing every time. Does all OK in PC, update is in the phone, goes to gears about 5 minutes, then restarts and 0x80070002. Does someone have a idea what is the problem. Fun fact. When I tried MEGA link it was not having any errors, but on Internet Archive Microsoft link it got: An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://fe2.update.microsoft.com/v6/ClientWebService/client.asmx: It is not a world end if the problem does not go away but it would been nice if someone have an idea.

T. Sulo

Windows for home | Other | Install and upgrade
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DYARI BARHAM 37,681 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-21T14:57:21.13+00:00

    Hi,

    Do not worry, since this is a public community, the other experts may have a better solution for your issue.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Sulo Karlsson 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-20T12:35:01.7266667+00:00

    Does someone have any recomendations what to do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. DYARI BARHAM 37,681 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T10:57:14.4166667+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm Dyari. Thanks for reaching out.

    The Lumia 640 LTE supported Windows 10 Mobile, but version 1703 was its final supported version.

    This error means that a required file cannot be found. In this case, the offline package may be corrupted or incompatible with your exact RM-1072. A successful download from MEGA does not necessarily confirm that the package is complete or compatible.

    Unfortunately, Windows 10 Mobile and OTCUpdater are no longer supported, so there is no reliable official method to complete this upgrade now. I would not recommend installing packages intended for another model or product code, as this could make the phone unusable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.