A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Hi,
Copy a blank cell and select the range of numbers. Right click > Paste Special > Add.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Data in a range is marked with a green triangle to indicate that it's text - it's been exported from another application. When I select the cells, I expect a function to appear alongside the top left cell to 'convert text to numbers' but the function is absent. Maybe because support has just ended for this product. How do I convert text to numbers so that I can copy them to a spreadsheet for analysis?
Richard
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Hi,
Copy a blank cell and select the range of numbers. Right click > Paste Special > Add.
AI answer
If the green triangle is present but Convert to Number does not appear, use one of these supported methods:
=VALUE(cell) using the matching source cell reference.Expected result after successful conversion: the green triangle is removed, and the values are treated as numbers for calculation and analysis.
References: