I have the same question as above. The only difference is mines for forza horizon 5
Issue linking PSN with Microsoft Account
Having recently bough Halo for the PS5, I load the game and follow all the steps correctly to link my Microsoft account to my PSN account. Each time it will state that I am logged in to Halo as my gamertag but immediately after it brings up a window saying 'LOGIN FAILED Additional sign-in is required. Make sure your account isn't active on another device, then try again CONFIRM.
I have tried linking it both through my mobile phone using the QR code and also directly following the Playstation links via pressing the L3 button.
The cycle above just keeps repeating itself.
I am not aware my account is active on any other devices and therefore do not understand why this message is coming up.
I am also aware that there have been numerous reports online for this issue and each response I have read does not apply to me as they will not work.
I find this very poor and also infuriating that I have spent £50 to play a game I have been looking forward to, only to find that because of a simple linking issue, I cannot!!!I also find it very poor that there is no option to speak to someone in person about the matter, only being able to deal with an AI led that cannot answer my predicament.
Can this be sorted please. I am happy to provide my details over a secure path if required but I just want to be able to play a game I have forked out for.......c'mon Microsoft, sort it please?!
And what and why do I need a tag.....CAN I NOT JUST SPEAK TO SOMEONE......PLEASE?
Windows for home | Other | Windows update
2 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Alex-L 12,740 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-09-13T06:53:50.51+00:00 Hi Stevo
Sorry you're experiencing this. Since the Microsoft account appears to sign in and display the correct gamertag before failing, the issue may be occurring after the account-linking process completes rather than during sign-in itself.
Please verify that your Microsoft account has an Xbox profile/gamertag and isn't already linked to a different PSN account. Microsoft account linking for Halo is covered here: Halo Account Linking Support.
If the sign-in loop continues, I recommend contacting Halo Support directly, as forum members cannot access or reset account-linking records or investigate backend authentication issues. Submit a Halo Support Ticket.
Hope you'll get this sorted out!