Device name compared to Bitcode recovery key

Uncle Tim 20 Reputation points
2026-09-04T19:56:54.5133333+00:00

I have four (4) different laptops with a different Bitcode recovery key. However, I am unable to associate each laptop with their Bitcode recovery key. I need to find a way to recognize what Bitcode goes with what laptop.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 270.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-04T20:48:17.1166667+00:00

Hello

Assuming you can access the computer now? If so, Please type cmd in the search on the taskbar. Don't press enter key yet. Instead, choose "run as administrator" to launch Command Prompt.

Then run this command

manage-bde -protectors -get C:

The information returned should help you match up what's showing in your account.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

2 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Uncle Tim 20 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T15:24:30.73+00:00

    EmilyS726

    Thanks, and it worked only on 1 laptop. This what happens with my second laptop in the USA. It has two (2) harddrives. I have to wait until I go to the Philippines to see if this command works on my other two laptops.

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.26300.9457]

    (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

     

    C:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -protectors -get C:

    BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.26100

    Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

     

    Volume C: []

    All Key Protectors

    ERROR: No key protectors found.

     

    C:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -protectors -get D:

    BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.26100

    Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

     

    Volume D: [New Volume]

    All Key Protectors

    ERROR: No key protectors found.

     

    C:\Windows\System32>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Uncle Tim 20 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T15:24:01.4466667+00:00

    EmilyS726

    Thanks, and it worked only on 1 laptop. This what happens with my second laptop in the USA. It has two (2) harddrives. I have to wait until I go to the Philippines to see if this command works on my other two laptops.

    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.26300.9457]

    (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

     

    C:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -protectors -get C:

    BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.26100

    Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

     

    Volume C: []

    All Key Protectors

    ERROR: No key protectors found.

     

    C:\Windows\System32>manage-bde -protectors -get D:

    BitLocker Drive Encryption: Configuration Tool version 10.0.26100

    Copyright (C) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

     

    Volume D: [New Volume]

    All Key Protectors

    ERROR: No key protectors found.

     

    C:\Windows\System32>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.