pixel dead

atul singh 0 Reputation points
2026-08-10T17:29:16.64+00:00

HP Victus gaming laptop
I am seeing a laptop screen. I have noticed one small dot.
I can see it on the screen, and I apply all the colors on the screen, but i have noticed a small bright dot.
Can you tell me how to solve this issue

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-08-10T18:03:02.4433333+00:00

    Boot your laptop into BIOS (usually by pressing F2 or Esc on your keyboard when you start your laptop and see the HP logo screen).

    Do you see the same small bright dot in the exact same location on the screen in BIOS?

    If so, that is a dead pixel, that is a hardware fault the screen and cannot be fixed, because it is not a software problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more