Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Hi,
I've attached the link to version 16.88; it should work with Monterey.
I’m eager to hear back and work together to find a solution.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am getting an error message that I need Mac OS14 or greater to download and and install office 365. How can I install a version that is compatible with Mac OS 12.7.6
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
I've attached the link to version 16.88; it should work with Monterey.
I’m eager to hear back and work together to find a solution.
AI answer
Office 365 (Microsoft 365) for Mac now requires newer macOS versions, which is why the installer is telling that macOS 14 or later is needed. On macOS Monterey 12.7.6, the most recent Office for Mac that can be installed and activated is version 16.88.
To get a compatible version on macOS 12.7.6:
Help > Check for Updates once to update to the final 16.88.1 build where applicable (for Outlook and PowerPoint). There will be no further feature updates for this macOS version.The Microsoft 365 subscription will still license and unlock this older Office version on Monterey, even though the latest current installer requires macOS 14 or later.
References: