How do I fix this? I cant change it from windows spotlight

Serena Manning 0 Reputation points
2026-04-29T03:24:04.8766667+00:00

Since I've had this laptop I've had this same issue and I just want to be able to change my lock screen without it going into a slideshow or it not being on the entire screen. I don't have this issue on changing the background, its just for the lock screen. I've tried to change my account settings so I'm no longer hooked to my school account (cause I'm not in school). I've restarted my laptop about a dozen times and it hasnt changed anything. I'm not to techy so i dont know much about this sort of stuffScreenshot 2026-04-29 131720

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Screen saver
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. GsN5034 - IA 78,075 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-04-29T04:09:04.8966667+00:00

    Hello, thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A.

    If there is no Work or School account added to your device in Settings > Accounts > Access work or school, but you still see the message "Some of these settings are managed by your organization" error, you can try the following steps:

    Open Command Prompt as an administrator.

    In the elevated Command Prompt window, run the following commands one by one, pressing Enter after each command:

    reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /f
    
    reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /f
    
    reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies" /f
    
    reg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Policies" /f
    
    reg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /f
    
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware
    
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /f
    
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /f
    
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Policies" /f
    
    reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Policies" /f
    
    

    Note - If you receive an error on any command, ignore the error message and run the next command.

    Once all commands have finished running, restart your computer and check whether the message still appears.


    Disclaimer: Generally, modifying registry subkeys or work group is intended for advanced users, administrators, and IT Professionals. It can help fix some problems, however, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For further protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support to view the article.

    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.