Can't Enter Bitlocker Key

Sandra Gerritz 0 Reputation points
2026-03-21T06:59:36.1366667+00:00

My computer screen went dark and I couldn't wake it up so I unplugged it and on startup it had a Bluescreen and wants my Bitlocker recovery key. I have that but my wireless keyboard is no longer paired so I can't enter the code. Is there any way to make the integrated keyboard show up on the screen. Also interested in knowing what happens if I "Skip this Drive"

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Touch keyboard
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-03-21T07:37:06.0566667+00:00

    1

    If your wireless keyboard is not working on the blue Bitlocker Key screen, the on-screen keyboard cannot be initialized on that screen, the only option is to gain access to a wired keyboard to be able to enter the Bitlocker Recovery Key.

    2

    If the drive that is encrypted is the C drive, then you cannot use the 'Skip this Drive' option.

    3

    If you are still unable to get into Windows, are you able to force your PC into the recovery Environment, and if so, is your keyboard working in there.

    Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

    Do this twice

    On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Sandra Gerritz 0 Reputation points
    2026-03-21T19:32:06.0133333+00:00

    I was able to get a wired keyboard and enter my bitlocker key. Thank you for your help!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.