Where can I find Character Map?

Ken Rabbers 20 Reputation points
2026-03-06T21:40:06.51+00:00

Windows 11

Previous versions of Windows had Character Map installed with Accessories. Not sure what version of Windows 11 I have but I do know it is current.

I have gotten used to having the Character Map pinned to my task bar. I went to use it today and noticed that it was gone, can't find it anywhere.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Apps
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author

AI answer

2026-03-06T21:40:17.03+00:00

In Windows 11, Character Map is still available as a built-in app.

To find and open it:

  1. Select Start.
  2. Start typing Character Map directly, or select Search on the taskbar and type Character Map.
  3. Select Character Map from the results.

To pin it back to the taskbar once it’s open:

  1. With Character Map running, right-click its icon on the taskbar.
  2. Select Pin to taskbar.

If preferred, Character Map can also be launched by pressing the Windows logo key, typing "Character Map" in Search, and pressing Enter.


References:

AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Andrew Mellen 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T19:31:48.13+00:00

    I am on a chromebook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.