Hi,
Thank you for sharing your question. I understand why you want to restore the original Taptiles you downloaded in 2023, especially since the game automatically updated to Taptiles 2 without giving you a choice.
It’s frustrating when a game you enjoy changes unexpectedly, and even more frustrating when the older version is no longer available or supported.
Based on my knowledge, older versions of Taptiles are not available to download once they have been replaced or updated by the publisher. Updates are controlled by the Microsoft Store or by the developer, and when the original Taptiles was delisted, users could no longer reinstall the older version through official channels.
Additionally, community information confirms that Taptiles has been delisted from the Microsoft Store, and reinstalling or reverting to an older version is only possible if the user already owns the license and accesses hidden update packages which is not officially supported or guaranteed.
The only supported recommendation from Microsoft is to check the store or official game support channels, but they do not provide access to previous builds once replaced.
Just to better understand your scenario did you originally download Taptiles using a Microsoft account, and does the Microsoft Store show the game under your library’s “Owned” apps?
If you can let me know whether the game appears in your purchase history or if you see an “Owned” badge on the old Taptiles Store link, I can guide you on what options remain available. I’m here to help until we find the best possible path forward.
I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Noel