After I right click on my desktop and select View, I can select what I want my icons to do. See example images below.
This example image shows how mine are spaced.
Hope this helps you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have not been able to use negative numbers in windows metrics for spacing pruposes
After I right click on my desktop and select View, I can select what I want my icons to do. See example images below.
This example image shows how mine are spaced.
Hope this helps you.
The default values for IconSpacing and VerticalIconSpacing is -1128 are you unable to set those values in the registry?
1
Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor
Click View and make sure 'Address Bar' is turned on
Paste this into the Address Bar at the top and hit Enter
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
Please provide a screenshot of that registry editor window.
2
Please highlight all icons on your Desktop and provide a screenshot of the icons on your Desktop indicating the problem you are experiencing with the icon spacing.
AI answer
To adjust icon spacing on Windows 11, you can modify the icon spacing settings through the system settings or the registry. However, it's important to note that using negative numbers for spacing is not supported in Windows metrics. Here’s how you can adjust the icon spacing:
Win + R, type regedit, and press Enter.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.IconSpacing (horizontal spacing) and IconVerticalSpacing (vertical spacing). You can change these values to adjust the spacing, but ensure they are positive integers.Always be cautious when modifying the registry, as incorrect changes can impact system performance. It's advisable to back up the registry before making any modifications.