Windows 11 Live Captions, caption style changes do not impliment

Christopher Haggerty 20 Reputation points
2025-10-16T15:09:51.3566667+00:00

I setup the caption style when I installed windows 11, but decided I do not like that style. I go into settings and change the caption style, but it continues to use the original style I set up. How do I get the caption style changes to take hold?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accessibility

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

Answer accepted by question author
Richard Trinidad 6,330 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-10-16T15:59:19.22+00:00

Hi Christopher, Thanks for posting here in the Microsoft Community, try this to apply the new caption style:

 

Simply Go to Settings > Accessibility > Captions, then Change the style to what you want.

Restart your PC, this often forces the change to take effect, if it still doesn’t update, click Edit under the style and tweak something (like font size or color), then save.

 

Hope this helps you out, let me know if you need more help.

Chard

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful