Same issue. "Something went wrong..." Been trying for 2 months. Chatted with Microsoft last week and the guy said relax, it will all be fixed by 14 Oct. Well, its 14 Oct and still the same. WHy isn't Microsoft doing anything or saying anything about this. Says I'm all ready to enroll. I have everything backed up. Please help
I can't Enrol in Extended Security Updates
My computer has the latest update.
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on 18/04/2024
OS Build 19045.6332
However, when I open settings to Enrol in Extended Security Updates, I get as far as signing into my Microsoft Account. See below:
However, I then get into my account, but there are no prompts. All I get is encouragement to subscribe to Microsoft 365 etc and a list of my computers. But no prompt to Extend security updates. I've checked online, but I'm not getting the next window that is shown.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | End of support (EOS)
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
13 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Richard Jayes 40 Reputation points
2025-09-17T08:14:28.2466667+00:00 Hi John,
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by the "ESU program offered on your PC"
I open Settings
Click on "Update & Security"
Click on "Windows Update"
I'm informed I'm "up to date"
I click on "Enrol Now"
I get this pop-up:
I click on "Next"
I get this pop-up:
I click on "Sign into your account"
I am then logged into my account, but there is no way I can see to enrol. All I get is my account page with info about my computers: See part screen shot below:
I just don't know where to go from here?
-
GG 10 Reputation points
2025-10-06T04:07:41.2333333+00:00 Hi there,
I have the same issue. I was elligible for the extended update but could not enroll. Is there a way to fix this?
-
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-09-17T01:09:07.0333333+00:00 Hi, good day!
Have you seen the ESU program offered on your PC, specifically in the Update and Security settings or not yet?
If yes, is that the error that appears after you click the "Enroll now" button?