Hi Daniel,
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Q&A regarding the gift code you received from a different region. I understand how important it is to make the most of your gift, and I'm here to assist.
While region restrictions are in place for licensing and security reasons, you may try the following steps:
Step 1: Temporarily Change Your Account Region
You can update your Microsoft account region to match the origin of the gift code. This often allows successful redemption - Change your country or region in Microsoft Store
Step 2: Use Console Sharing (Xbox only)
If the code was redeemed on another account, you can still access the content by setting that account as your home console - How home Xbox and game sharing work
If your digital gift card was purchased online from the Microsoft Store and has not been redeemed, you may be eligible for a refund.
- Visit How to cancel a Microsoft Store gift card.
- Locate the gift card order.
- Select Cancel > Confirm to initiate the refund.
- Important Notes:
- Refunds are available within 14 days of purchase.
- Gift cards are non-transferable between accounts.
- This policy does not apply to physical gift cards or product codes (e.g., Office, Xbox).
If these steps don’t work, I highly recommend contacting:
- The original retailer (if not purchased directly from Microsoft), or
- The Microsoft Store & Billing Help team or the Support team via chat or phone for further assistance.
Please let me know if you have other questions or need further help, I'm here to assist.