"We're sorry This website needs a newer browser to work properly. You're accessing the Microsoft Store on the web, the place to find apps and games for your PC."

Baylee Long 15 Reputation points
2025-08-15T11:09:04.7533333+00:00

I'm trying to download apps from the store. Everytime i go to click install, this page pops up saying "We're sorry. This website needs a newer browser to work properly." I have restarted the system many times, reset the Microsoft Store and still have zero clue as to why it's happening.

Windows for home | Other | Apps

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-08-15T16:29:49.79+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm Sumit, here to help with your query on the Microsoft Q&A forums.

    Apologies for any inconvenience you are experiencing. I am happy to help you today.

    Type "winver" in the search/Run box and press enter.

    What is the Build and version number reported in the Window?

    I look forward to your response and am eager to collaborate until we find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.