How Do I Remove An Extra Google Chrome Icon On My Computer?

Anonymous
2016-10-02T12:10:57+00:00

Somehow, there is an extra Google Chrome icon on my computer that looks like this:  It doesn't redirect to this usual logo like it always does:  Instead, it always redirects to the extra one. I do not want the extra one on my computer. I want to redirect it back to the regular logo like it always does.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | System Tray

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
@CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2016-10-02T17:57:57+00:00

Right-click it and all other Chrome icons and "unpin from taskbar"... then launch Google Chrome and pin it again. That will usually fix it up to read and use the right icon again.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful