Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Am unable to open Microsoft edge after the power outage, tried with uninstalling and re-installing edge but it's still not opening.
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Paulo,
Thanks,
Alla Gakuba
******@yahoo.com
I am not having an assumption, I just want to verify if it is running in the background in Task Manager. Since it is not, you can check if it will run using the Run dialog box. Press Windows logo key + R then type msedge.exe
If it still won't open, run the System File Checker as there could be corrupted system files cause by the sudden power outage. Here's an article to run it
Hi Paulo:
Problem: I can not open my Microsoft Edge brouser! (by double-clicking on it).
That is: the browser is static -- nothing you can open or run.
You answer is based on an assumption that Microsoft Edge brouser is running.
Fact is -- it is not .
Again, how to open Microsoft Edge brouser ?
Thanks,
Alla Gakuba
e-mail: ******@yahoo.com
tel: 925-287-1303
Hi AllaGakuba, I am Paulo. I'm an Independent Advisor and an individual like you inclined to help.
Double-click your Edge browser then verify if it is running in the background. Once double-clicked, right-click on your taskbar then choose Task Manager. Check if Microsoft Edge is on the list under the Processes tab. If it is, right-click on it then choose End task. Relaunch and see if it opens.
Let me know how it goes