Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on Android devices
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I upgraded to the latest version of Edge yesterday (110.0.1587.41 ARM) and now I can no longer find the option to turn off/on hardware acceleration. With my job I have to turn it off or on depending on what code or test I am looking at. When Edge updated it was set to off, and now I cannot turn it back on. Does anyone know why it was removed and if there is a backdoor to turn it back on?
Thanks,
Allan
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on Android devices
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Allan,
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
In Edge, open its Settings, then go to System and Performance, the Hardware Acceleration setting is still there in non ARM version 110.0.1587.41
If that setting is not available in the ARM version, the best option would be to report this bug to the Edge Developers, open the Feedback pane in Edge (Alt + Shift + i) and report this bug to the Developers there.
Thanks for the reply, Dan. On the ARM version (MacOS) the entire "System" section of the page is no longer there. I'll put in a bug report.
Allan
Hi Allan, glad to help!
Thanks for making this post, it's gone for me as well.
I know this was posted quite a while ago, but it looks like this thread has gotten some views recently. Hence, I wanted to check in and see if you (or anyone landing on this thread via search) are still seeing this behavior on the latest version of Microsoft Edge.
Eric