Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I recently installed a third party file to stop Microsoft from redirecting me to Microsoft edge when i used other browsers like google chrome called MSEdgeRedirect (Publisher Robert Maehl software) size 1.50MB version 0.6.4.0 a couple days later when I restarted my computer got this error when I tried to open Microsoft edge browser C:/Program files(x86)/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge_no_ifeo.exe'. make sure the spelling is correctly and try again it appear this file was missing I uninstalled microsoft edge and re-installed it but it didn't work kept getting the same message so I restarted my computer still didn't work then I went to control panel/programs/uninstall a program and uninstalled the file MSEdgeRedirect and microsoft edge started working normal again, hope this helps. of coarse you will probably continue having the problem redirecting you to Microsoft edge when using other browsers like google chrome again
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks so much for posting this. I spent the last hour doing all sorts of things to find out why MS Edge started tossing an error stating blah blah can't start due to SIDE by Side error (to paraphrase).
I followed all sorts of diag suggestions using command prompts and what not and ended up with a hail Mary by just
deleting all the MS Edge folders and then re-installing MS Edge with the manual installer download.
It then tossed the error above, cannot find msedge_no_ifeo.exe, not the side by side config error. More hair pulling and a DuckDuck Go search for msedge_no_ifeo.exe phrase alone lead me here.
Not recalling if I had ever installed such an app I searched my Apps under uninstall panel and sure enough that
app had been installed at some point. Deleting it solved the launch MS Edge issue.
NO idea why that started blocking MS edge from launching all the sudden but it did.
Perhaps it was the cause for the original issue side by side error as well.