Personal Microsoft account hacked via phishing – OneDrive contains ID scans and financial documents – recovery limit reached, case closed – how to escalate?

AB 0 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2026-10-10T15:13:33.7233333+00:00

Hello,

today my personal Microsoft account was taken over through a phishing scam. I entered a sign-in code on a fake “verification” page. The attacker then removed my Authenticator, replaced my email address and recovery information, and is still actively using the account.

This is urgent because the account’s OneDrive contains scans of my identity documents as well as tax and financial documents. I’d like the account locked as soon as possible.

I can prove ownership: the original email address with years of Microsoft emails, a paid Microsoft 365 subscription with my credit card, game purchases, and a recovery code for the account.

What I’ve already tried:

  • the account recovery form (now it says the daily limit is reached)
  • replying to the Account Safety Team, but the case was closed and replies only get an automatic answer
  • my recovery code, but the reset page shows “temporary problem with this service”

How can I get this escalated to a human agent who can lock the account and verify my ownership?

Thank you.

Microsoft Security | Intune | Andere
0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

2 Antworten

Sortieren nach: Am hilfreichsten
  1. AB 0 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
    2026-10-10T17:35:23.6933333+00:00

    Well, i got it back for cheap and am changing all my passwords etc, but I am not convinced of Microsoft Security. It should have been possible to at least block my account and I dont like that the Hacker was able to change the Recovery Code. Because mine did not work anymore.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?


  2. steve1da 3,165 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
    2026-10-10T15:20:50.9933333+00:00

    Hola,

    das Formular ist der einzige Weg. Der Support darf keine Konten zurücksetzen oder entsperren. Du kannst das Formular 2 mal täglich einreichen.

    Gruß,

    steve1da

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.