Cannot delete Microsoft Entra tenant – 401 – User has no directory roles

Annika Franz 0 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2026-08-04T09:18:36.8666667+00:00

I accidentally created a Microsoft Entra ID Free tenant for my domain franzschmidt.de.

The tenant contains one user only, no groups, no applications and no devices.

My custom domain is verified.

However, my user has no directory roles assigned, therefore I receive 401 – You do not have access to this data whenever I try to delete the tenant.

The Microsoft 365 Admin Center asks me to "Get administrator access", although I am the only user in the tenant.

We do not use Microsoft 365 Business, Exchange, Teams or Azure. We only use Microsoft 365 Family with a personal Microsoft account.

How can I restore the Global Administrator role or request Microsoft to delete this orphaned tenant?

Rollenbasierte Zugriffssteuerung in Azure
Rollenbasierte Zugriffssteuerung in Azure

Ein Azure-Dienst für die präzise Zugriffsverwaltung für Azure-Ressourcen, mit dem Sie Benutzer*innen ausschließlich die Berechtigungen erteilen können, die sie für ihre Arbeit benötigen

0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.