Verwenden von Outlook für Android in Geschäftsumgebungen für E-Mails und Planung
I hope you’re doing well. Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum.
From my research, Outlook for Android doesn’t support adding/applying a Category from the email compose screen before sending. Categories in Outlook for Android are primarily applied to emails that already exist in your mailbox (such as Inbox or Sent Items) via message actions in the reading pane / message list (including options like long-press multi-select and swipe actions).
In the meantime, as a workaround you can send the email as usual then go to Sent > open the message > use the More (⋯) menu / message actions > Categorize
This aligns with how Categories are currently applied on Android (through actions on existing messages).
Additionally, if you’re forwarding an existing email. You can categorize the original email first (in Inbox), then forward it.
Submit Feedback to Microsoft
I agree with you that being able to assign a Category during composition would be very useful especially for workflows that rely on consistent labeling, triage, and tracking across devices. I can see how this could meaningfully improve efficiency and the overall mobile experience.
As a forum moderator, I hope you understand that I don’t have the ability to modify or escalate product issues directly. However, I strongly recommend submitting your feedback through:
- In the Outlook mobile app: Settings > Help & Feedback > Send Feedback
- Or the Outlook · Community portal
This is the most effective way to ensure your voice reaches the product team and can be considered for future improvements.
Once you've submitted your feedback, feel free to share the link here in the comments. I’ll be happy to upvote it to help bring more visibility.
If you are unable to submit feedback from your side, please let me know and I will be happy to submit it on your behalf.
Additionally, since many other users have expressed similar concerns but may not know where to submit feedback, if my response has helped you better understand the situation and guided you toward a possible next step, please mark it as the "Accepted Answer". Your action will help pin this post to the top, making it easier for others in the community who are experiencing the same issue to find your feedback and support it.
I hope this information is helpful. Should you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to share them in the comment below. I'm always happy to help.
Thank you again for your time and for raising this important usability concern.
Note: Follow the steps in our documentation to enable email notifications if you want to receive email notifications related to this topic.