Network connection no longer possible after update

Maritaka 0 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2025-08-15T09:07:25.9033333+00:00

Hello,

Yesterday my Windows did an update on its own, which to my knowledge was successful. However, when I switched on my PC again today after the update, I could no longer establish a network connection. Neither via LAN, WLAN and USB via USB Thetering on my cell phone. I have already tried the troubleshooting and said that only the DNS server cannot be reached (I have already tried Google, Cloudflare and others). I have also tried other drivers in the device manager, deleted the last Windows update, restarted and shut down several times.

Windows für Zuhause | Windows 10 | Internet und Konnektivität
0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

6 Antworten

Sortieren nach: Neueste
  1. Chen1018 13,875 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte Unabhängiger Berater
    2025-08-15T09:44:35.9466667+00:00

    Hi there,

    I'm Cherrelyn and I'm here to help.

    Sounds like the update might have broken your network stack or driver settings. Since it’s affecting all connection types, it’s likely not hardware but something in Windows’ networking configuration. Please try fully resetting the network settings (including Winsock) and then reinstalling your network drivers from the manufacturer, not just Windows’ defaults. If that doesn’t work, booting into Safe Mode with Networking can help confirm if it’s a driver or software conflict.

    I hope this will help and If you have any question please feel free to ask.

    Warm regards,

    Cherrelyn

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?


Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.