We are locked out of our Microsoft 365 business tenant because the sole Global Administrator cannot complete MFA.
The MFA methods registered for the Global Administrator (phone number and alternative recovery email) belong to a former person who is no longer authorized to access the company tenant. These methods therefore cannot and must not be used for account recovery.
Microsoft Authenticator for the Global Administrator is not available on the current authorized device.
I can still access my regular Microsoft 365 business user account, but this account has no administrator permissions. Therefore, I cannot access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center or create a support request from the affected tenant.
I have also attempted to contact Microsoft Support by telephone without success. The normal account recovery process only offers the inaccessible former MFA methods.
This is a sole Global Administrator / tenant lockout situation.
I am the authorized company representative and can provide Microsoft privately with proof of company ownership, subscription/billing information, and domain/DNS ownership as required.
How can I have a support case created and escalated to the Microsoft Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team so that ownership can be verified and the Global Administrator's MFA/security information can be reset or re-registered?
For security reasons, I will provide tenant identifiers, administrator addresses, billing information, and ownership documentation only through a private Microsoft support channel.