Eine leistungsstarke, von Microsoft entwickelte E-Mail- und Zusammenarbeitsplattform zur Unterstützung von Kommunikation und Produktivität auf Unternehmensebene. Verschiedene Themen, die nicht in bestimmte Kategorien passen.
Since you are using English, although the site locale is de-de (German), I will response to this question in English. If there is anything unclear about my reply, please leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Dear @StephanG,
Your concern is understandable because the documented behavior for High Volume Email (HVE) appears, at first glance, to differ from the traditional understanding of the Mail.Send application permission.
Based on the current public documentation, OAuth for HVE requires the Office 365 Exchange Online Mail.Send application permission together with HVE-specific configuration such as Add-HVEAppAccess. However, the documentation does not describe a separate HVE-specific variant of Mail.Send, nor does it document any automatically created Exchange RBAC assignment or Application Access Policy that enforces the restriction.
For an authoritative answer, since your questions relate to the internal design and behavior of High Volume Email (HVE) authorization, they are best addressed by the Exchange Online product team and engineering community.
I recommend opening a support request with Microsoft Support, as they can engage the appropriate Exchange Online engineering team if needed. You can contact Microsoft Support using the options provided here:
You can submit ticket via Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support.
Or if you are admin, you can submit ticket in Admin center portal: In the Microsoft 365 admin center>support>help & support.
Besides that, I also recommend posting this question in the Microsoft Exchange Tech Community, where Exchange engineers and subject matter experts may be able to provide additional clarification.
Please understand that as forum user, my primary goal is to provide helpful guidance and support through general troubleshooting steps. While I don’t have access to internal systems or test devices required to resolve backend issues, I truly appreciate your understanding of these limitations. I genuinely hope the information I share helps guide you in the right direction, and I'm always here to assist as much as I can within my scope.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.
Note : Follow the steps in the " forum documentation " to enable email notifications if you wish to receive email notifications related to this topic.