Azure AI Foundry deployment blocked by “unusual activity” — Basic support plan prevents technical support ticket

Omar Malahefji 0 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2026-08-17T11:39:40.0966667+00:00

Hi,

when trying to deploy gpt-5-mini in Microsoft Foundry, I receive the following error:

“Failed to create deployment. Our system has detected this request as unusual activity for your account. If you are confident this is in error, please contact support.”

I have not been able to deploy any model on this resource yet.

I first received this error several days ago. I waited a few days before trying again, but the same issue still appears.

My setup is:

Model: gpt-5-mini

Model version: 2025-08-07

Deployment type: Global Standard

TPM: 20,000

Foundry resource: ai-career-copilot-resource

Subscription: Azure Free Account

I am Owner of the subscription and also have the Foundry User role.

The subscription is active and still has available Azure credit. The deployment options and TPM capacity are visible in Foundry, so this does not appear to be a quota issue.

This happens when creating the deployment itself. No model has ever been successfully deployed or used on this resource, so this is not a 403 error caused by API calls or prompts sent to an existing deployment.

I tried to create an Azure support request, but because I am using the Basic support plan with a trial subscription, I cannot submit a technical support ticket.

From similar cases, it seems that error 715-123420 / “unusual activity” can require an internal account or subscription review.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Omar

Foundry-Modelle
Foundry-Modelle

Ein Katalog von KI-Modellen in Microsoft Foundry, die Sie mit den in Microsoft Azure integrierten Tools für Evaluierung, Feinabstimmung und Ableitung ermitteln, vergleichen und bereitstellen können

0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.