Declarative Agent cna't use MCP Tools when deployed as app package

Mathias Grüner 47 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2026-08-05T15:26:56.28+00:00

I created a declarative agent with M365 Agents Toolkit in VS Code. The agent connects to a no auth mcp server. I tried dynamic as well as static tool definition in the agent files. When provisioning and publishing the agent through the Toolkit everything works as expected. However when creating the app package and deploying via upload in the teams admin center, the agent is available but doesn't have access to the tools.

Is this a known limitation or can this be fixed?

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | App
0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

1 Antwort

Sortieren nach: Älteste
  1. Alex-L 12,740 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte Externe Microsoft-Mitarbeiter Moderator
    2026-08-06T06:38:04.59+00:00

    Please note that this is DE-DE forum, all threads should be posted in German, however, I will still use English for your case today.


    Hi Mathias Grüner

    This isn't a documented limitation as far as I know, but there have been reports of MCP metadata/tool discovery issues when agents are packaged and deployed via app packages rather than provisioned directly through M365 Agents Toolkit. I'd compare the generated ZIP manifests and verify the MCP connector (agentConnectors) is present in the uploaded package. Also test with the latest Agents Toolkit version, as several MCP packaging and discovery issues have been reported.

    If the tools are completely missing after deployment via Teams Admin Center, it may be worth raising an issue with the Agents Toolkit team and sharing your manifest/schema versions for confirmation.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.