Outlook still askes me to log in to my old jobs email and i can't get rid of it

Sarah 0 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2026-07-15T08:36:05.68+00:00

When i open my outlook, which is already connected to my private email, I get a warning that i have to log in to my old offices email account which is for some reason connected to that outlook app. I can not get rid of it. The App won't let me delete it. I have an subs with my personal account and I can't really use it properly because of that. Please help

Outlook | Windows | Klassisches Outlook für Windows | Geschäftlich
0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

1 Antwort

Sortieren nach: Am hilfreichsten
  1. Julie Huynh 3,770 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte Unabhängiger Berater
    2026-07-15T13:30:00.28+00:00

    Since your question is in English, I'd like to answer in English for clarity. Thank you for your understanding!

    Dear @Sarah,

    Good day! Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum!

    Based on your description, I understand that Outlook is still prompting you to sign in to your old work email account even though you're currently using your personal email account. The old work account appears to remain connected to the Outlook app, and you're unable to remove it through the application. Since you have an active subscription associated with your personal account, you're looking for assistance removing the old work account so you can use Outlook normally.

    To better understand what's causing the issue, could you please confirm the following:

    • What happens when you try to remove the old work account? Do you receive an error message, or is the remove option unavailable? Could I have a screenshot of it?
    • Is the old work account listed under: Outlook > File > Account Settings > Email Account, or Windows Settings > Accounts > Your accounts?
    • Was the old work account ever connected to your Windows profile or Microsoft 365 applications such as Word, Excel, or Teams?

    Your confirmation would be very helpful in ensuring you receive the most suitable support!

    In the meantime, kindly try the following suggestions to check what might have caused the issue:

    • Remove the account from Windows Settings
      • Open Settings (Windows + I)
      • Go to Accounts > Your accounts > locate the old work account if it's there
      • Select it and choose Remove or Disconnect if available
    • Disconnect the work account from Access Work or School
      • Open Settings (Windows + I) > Accounts > Access work or school
      • If the old company account appears, select it > click Disconnect
    • Check Office Sign-in Credentials
      • Open any Office application such as Word
      • Select File > Account
      • Review all signed-in accounts
      • Sign out of the old work account if it is listed
    • Remove Stored Credentials
      • Open Control Panel > select Credential Manager > Choose Windows Credentials
      • Look for entries associated with the old work email or Microsoft 365 account and remove those credentials
      • Restart Outlook and check if the prompt persists

    If the old account was managed by your previous employer, Outlook may still be referencing an old profile or cached authentication token. In that case, you may need to potentially create a new Outlook profile.

    If you’re able to share a bit more about your situation, I might be able to suggest some helpful next steps. 

    Kindly let me know when there are updates or if you need further assistance. Any updates you’re able to share would be really helpful. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing how things are going! 

    Thank you for your time and patience.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

    Note: Please follow the steps in [our documentation] to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?


Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.