No access to my company email - no phone - 2FA does not work

Dominik Muszynski 0 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2026-05-30T14:28:46.1+00:00

Dear Team,

I do not have access to my company email account: [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] - I recently got a new cellphone and my 2FA Microsoft Authentificator does not work anymore and does not generate codes. I know my email password but this is not enough to get in.

I've tried various options and they do not work. Can you ask your Data Security Team to investigate the situation and restore access to my emails - or contact me per email ([Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] - or - [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]). I will be happy to share more details and proof.

Thanks for letting me know.

Best regards,

[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]

Outlook | Outlook für mobile Geräte | Outlook für iOS | Geschäftlich
0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

1 Antwort

Sortieren nach: Am hilfreichsten
  1. Chris Duong 10,705 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte Externe Microsoft-Mitarbeiter Moderator
    2026-05-30T16:19:23.5433333+00:00

    Hi @Dominik Muszynski,    

    Good day and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging into your Microsoft account.  

    Before we proceed, please note that forum moderators do not have access to user account settings and cannot assist with logging in, resetting passwords, or changing access rights. While we do not have access to internal systems or administrative tools required to resolve account-specific or backend-related issues but we’ll continue doing our best to support you within the scope of our responsibilities.    

    After reviewing your case, I'd recommend the following: 

    1/ Contact your IT admins 

    Since you are using a work or school email address, the MFA settings are managed by your organization's IT department. For assistance with resetting or updating your MFA, you will need to contact them directly to resolve this and explain your situation.  

    Once your organization's in has reset your MFA, the next time you log in to your account, you will be guided through the process of setting up the Microsoft Authenticator app again from the beginning by scan 

    2/ Contact Microsoft Data Protection Support by phone 

    • If you're the only admin, in this situation, the Microsoft Data Protection Team has tools and processes in place to verify identity and regain access to administrator accounts. You can try reaching out to our Global Customer Service phone to raise a request for resetting your authentication method here: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support.    

    Here are some tips and an example of a prompt to help you navigate the IVR more effectively:        

    (When you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.)    

      

    IVR: What kind of problem are you concerned about?    

    You: Authenticator.    

    A: What products do you use?    

    You: Office 365 for business. 

    Verification: Education or company account?    

    You: For companies 

    IVR: Are you an administrator?     

    You: Yes. 

    IVR: Are there any other administrators in your organization?     

    You: No. 

    IVR: Do you need a... Service request?     

    You: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me directly to the Data Protection Team. 

    3/ Create a new tenant to submit a support ticket 

    If you cannot reach a live agent, there is still a workaround, you might consider registering for a new tenant by signing up for a trial subscription and submit your request from there.      

      

    To set up a new tenant, please follow these steps below: 

      

    Visit Microsoft 365 Business Plans and Pricing | Microsoft 365. This would allow you to create a new tenant following the prompts provided. Once set up, you can access the admin console of the new tenant and submit a support ticket requesting to speak with the Data Protection team on behalf of your previous tenant.       

      

    Follow the guided setup process to create a new account for a new tenant.   

      

    Once your tenant is created, you should be able to access the support portal and submit your ticket referencing your locked account without further issues 

      

    In your ticket description, you'll need to clearly explain that you're trying to regain access to your previous Microsoft 365 tenant and need help from the Data Protection team. Here's a message you can use or adapt:   

      

    "Hello, I’m currently unable to access my company email account because I recently switched to a new phone and no longer have access to my Microsoft Authenticator app. The app is not generating verification codes, so I cannot complete the sign-in process even though I know my email password. I have already tried several recovery options, but none of them have worked. I kindly ask to be connected with the appropriate Data Security or Support team to investigate this issue and help restore access to my email account. This is urgent, as I rely on this email account for work. I’m happy to provide any additional information or proof of identity needed to support the recovery process."   

      

    Ticket Support: In the Microsoft 365 Admin Center > Support > Help & Support. You can raise support ticket at https://admin.microsoft.com/#/support/requests     

      

    Please remember to cancel the trial subscription after your issue is resolved, as this will help you avoid any accidental billing. You may prefer the following resource for detailed instructions: Cancel your Microsoft business subscription in the Microsoft 365 admin center | Microsoft Learn 

      

    I hope this helps you regain access to your account quickly. I'm glad to assist and truly hope the information provided has been useful. Please feel free to reach out anytime if you need further assistance.  

    If you find my post helpful, kindly consider marking it as the accepted answer. Doing so can assist others in the community who may have similar questions in finding solutions more quickly.  

    Thank you for your kindness and contributions to the forum.   


    If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

    Note: Follow the steps in our documentation to enable email notifications if you want to receive email notifications related to this topic.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.