Einrichten eines neuen Arbeitsbereichs oder Unterhaltungsthreads für die Zusammenarbeit in Microsoft Teams
Hello @Joos Lucas,
Thank you so much for taking the time to describe your use case so clearly.
At the moment, there unfortunately isn’t a centralized way in Microsoft Teams to automatically show all newly created channels for everyone by default. There’s no setting in the Teams Admin Center, no policy, and no PowerShell or Microsoft Graph option that can enforce this behavior either tenant‑wide or per team. The shown or hidden state of channels is currently handled on a per‑user basis, which means each individual ultimately controls what appears in their own channel list.
In practice, the most commonly used workaround today is more of a communication approach rather than a technical one. When a new channel is created, team owners often post a welcome or announcement message and explicitly mention the relevant people or groups. This helps trigger notifications and increases the chance that users will notice the channel and choose to show it in their list. That said, this doesn’t truly change the default visibility behavior, and I understand why it falls short of what you’re looking for.
On a personal note, I think your request makes a lot of sense and reflects how Teams is used in real‑world scenarios, especially when channels are critical for communication and visibility. It’s exactly the kind of feedback that can help shape better experiences going forward. That said, as a forum moderator and fellow user, I don’t have a way to change product behavior or escalate feature requests directly within Microsoft.
What I would strongly recommend is submitting this idea through the Microsoft Teams Community feedback portal.
That’s the official channel where feedback goes straight to the product team and can be considered for future improvements. If you do decide to submit it, feel free to share the link here. I’d be more than happy to upvote it to help increase visibility, and I’ll also do my best to pass this suggestion along to the relevant teams.
Thank you again for raising such a thoughtful idea and for actively contributing to discussions like this. Feedback from users like you truly helps surface real‑world needs and highlights meaningful opportunities to improve how the product works in everyday scenarios.
I sincerely hope this post, together with your feedback, attracts more attention and support from the community, so this feature idea can gain momentum and hopefully become a reality in the near future!
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.