SQL Server 2022 Always On Dashboard Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Johannes Maly 126 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2025-09-16T09:28:55.5133333+00:00

Today we did an update of our On-Prem SQL Servers from 2019 to 2022. Update worked. Always On Group is also healthy. But when I try to open the Always On Dashboard I get an error stating:

ITLE: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.HadrTasks


Object reference not set to an instance of an object.


BUTTONS:

OK


===================================

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.HadrTasks)


Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Hadr.OperationsDashboardDataContext.GetAlwaysOnEventFileTargetName(XEStore xeStore)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Hadr.OperationsDashboardDataContext.LoadXESessionState(XEStore xeStore)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Hadr.OperationsDashboardDataContext.Load(ServerConnection connection, String groupName, CancellationToken cancel, AlwaysOnPolicyStore policyStore, XEStore xeStore)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Hadr.OperationsDashboardModel.LoadData(ServerConnection connection, AlwaysOnPolicyStore policyStore, XEStore xeStore)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Hadr.OperationsDashboardModel.PerformUpdate()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Hadr.OperationsDashboardModel.Update()

Dashboard-Error

Scripts I tried on Primary gave me:
Dashboard-Primary

Scripts on Secondaries gave me:

Dashboard-SQL01

Dashboard-SQL03

Does anybody know why the dashboard is throwing this error?

I also checked the state of my Always On Group with SQL Sentry. There it seems everything is fine:
Dashboard-Sentry

Hoping for your help.

BR Johannes

SQL Server | Andere
SQL Server | Andere

Zusätzliche SQL Server-Funktionen und -Themen, die nicht von bestimmten Kategorien abgedeckt werden


Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.