Remove floating searchbar in OneNote

Johannes Kingma 676 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2025-08-07T14:55:01.4233333+00:00

How do I remove this thing:

Benutzerbild

It sits in the way

Microsoft 365 und Office | OneNote | Für das Bildungswesen | Windows
0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Antwort, die vom Frageautor angenommen wurde
Ian-Ng 14,175 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte Externe Microsoft-Mitarbeiter Moderator
2025-08-07T16:02:02.72+00:00

Hi @Johannes Kingma,  

Good day! Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A forum and sharing the detail. 

I completely understand how the new floating search bar in OneNote can be distracting and inconvenient, especially when it sits over your notes and cannot be moved or hidden. I agree with you that this feature would be more helpful if it included an option to turn it off or reposition it.

Currently, there isn’t a built-in way to turn it off or put it back where it used to be. That said, here are a couple of things that might help a little: 

  1. If you maximize the OneNote window or hide the notebook/page panel, it gives you a bit more space, so the bar isn’t as much in the way. 
  2. You can also click the double arrow icon on the search bar itself, which expands your workspace and moves the bar up a bit. 

Additionally, I highly recommend submitting feedback directly through the OneNote app by selecting Help and then Feedback > Make a suggestion. Microsoft always listen feedback from customer, and the more users raise a concern, the more likely it will receive attention in future updates. 

Benutzerbild

Thanks again for bringing this up. I know how small changes like this can really affect how we work. If there’s anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know. 


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment”.    

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

War diese Antwort hilfreich?

0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

1 zusätzliche Antwort

Sortieren nach: Am hilfreichsten
  1. Johannes Kingma 676 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
    2025-08-15T06:19:09.07+00:00

    Apparently the snowflakes at Microsoft solved this.

    Benutzerbild

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.