Error when trying to import a csv file into my access database

Anonym
2023-08-09T11:39:18+00:00

Hi,

I have been experiencing a weird error in my ms access that appeared suddenly on my virtual work computer.

Whenever I try to import a csv file I get the error message that says:

"The Microsoft Access database module could not find the <table name> object. Make sure that the object exists and that you have spelled the name and pathname correctly. If "<table name>" is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator. "

Path and file name are 100% correct. I do have permission to access the file, also it was working before. I think it happened after an update of either my VM ware client or the office package. I am not sure what happened though.

Please help me with this as it is holding me back from doing my work for a while now.

Thanks and kind regards,

TK

Microsoft 365 und Office | Access | Andere | Andere

Gesperrte Frage. Diese Frage wurde aus der Microsoft-Support-Community migriert. Sie können darüber abstimmen, ob sie hilfreich ist, aber Sie können keine Kommentare oder Antworten hinzufügen oder der Frage folgen.

0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

4 Antworten

Sortieren nach: Neueste
  1. Anonym
    2023-08-17T10:55:09+00:00

    Hallo!

    [Da dies ein deutschsprachiges Forum ist und dein Name verdächtig klingt, antworte ich in der Sprache Goethes.]

    Wie machst du den Import? Per Code oder händisch über den Ribbon-Punkt oder über einen gespeicherten Import...?

    Hast du das schon mit einem/r anderen schlichteren

    1. Pfad (z.B. Frontend-Datenbank-Ordner)
    2. Dateinamen ("Test" oder dergl.)
    3. Datei (klein, ohne Sonderzeichen etc.)

    getestet?

    Ändert einer der 3 Punkte etwas?

    Servus
    Karl
    ****************
    Access Bug Trackers
    Access News
    Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  2. Anonym
    2023-08-09T16:47:38+00:00

    Hi again,

    I'm sorry none of the above worked, 'Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

    Thanks, Sola

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  3. Anonym
    2023-08-09T16:30:05+00:00

    Hi Sola,

    I ensured that my path and file name both are 100% correct. This unfortunatly didn't change the outcome of my error. I also made sure that I can open the file via this exact filepath.

    As for your second recommendation, I made sure the file was in the right format. Comma separated, with a header and my date fields being in the same format as my table in access. Therefore I changed the format property of my date fields in access to "yyyy-"mm"-dd" - without it doing anything sadly. This would have weird anyways, since it used to work with the exact same type of csv file in the same database two weeks earlier. I made sure it's not the issue either way though. I am testing it with a smaller file so any invalid characters would jump my eye.

    I tried repairing my database and also tried using a brand new access database with the same results. My colleague suggested it had something to do with my virtual access on the folder. My technicians don't know yet what the problem is, so I am asking you again.

    Do you have more ideas what I could try to fix this? I have really no clue what changed. I came back from my hollidays and somehow this bug appeared. The only thing that could have happened in the meantime was my admins updating my system or access loading an update or something.

    Thanks for your help and the effort.

    Kind regards,

    TK

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  4. Anonym
    2023-08-09T14:48:42+00:00

    Hello Torben,

    Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconveniences,

    • One reason for the error could be that the csv file has a different name or location than the one you specified in the import wizard. Make sure that you have entered the correct file name and path, and that the file is not moved, renamed, or deleted after you start the import process.
    • Another reason could be that the csv file has a format or structure that is not compatible with the access database. Make sure that the csv file has a header row with field names, that the fields are separated by commas or other delimiters, that the data types match the ones in the database, and that there are no invalid characters or values in the file.
    • A third reason could be that the access database has some corruption or damage that prevents it from importing the csv file. You can try to repair the database by using the Compact and Repair Database tool in Access, or by creating a new database and importing the objects from the old one.

    I hope this helps!

    Regards, Sola

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare