MS Planner: Task "Description" no longer exported to Excel?

Hilfinger Adrian 15 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2025-07-16T11:50:11.69+00:00

Hi everyone, I'm running into a strange issue with Microsoft Planner.

A few months ago (around February), I used the built-in Export to Excel function, and it included all task information — including the full Description (aka Notes).

But now, when I export the same Planner board, the Description column is always empty, even though the tasks definitely have notes filled in.

I'm using the exact same export method and I'm still a member of the board.

Has something changed in Planner recently that affects the export? Is there a workaround to reliably export the description field (maybe with Power Automate or Graph API)?

Would really appreciate any tips. Thanks!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams für Unternehmen | Kalender | Andere

1 Antwort

Sortieren nach: Am hilfreichsten
  1. Mühlenberg, Björn 15 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
    2025-08-19T13:02:30.0366667+00:00

    I experienced the same issue some weeks ago. It started with a unreliable behavior. For some exports the description column was exported properly, for some exports it was empty. Now it always fails.

    Today I found something new: Teams just exports the descriptions which I have adapted recently. So I just entered all single descriptions, set a space character at the end of the text and closed the task. This is of course still a bug and not a future solution, but I wanted to share this finding anyway.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    3 Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich.
    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.