Communication Services: Issues with enabling alphanumeric sender ID for SMS in Germany — Support request for registration and configuration

Tim-0877 0 Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
2026-10-07T11:15:02.7633333+00:00

Problem description

I am seeking assistance with configuring alphanumeric sender IDs for SMS messages in Azure Communication Services. Specifically, I want to use up to seven sender IDs for application-generated messages like MFA codes and Wi-Fi sign-in codes. Currently, I am unable to register or enable alphanumeric sender IDs for my tenant in Germany, and I am encountering messages indicating that this feature is not available to my tenant.

Environment

Azure Communication Services used for SMS sending in Germany, intended for outbound application messages such as MFA and Wi-Fi sign-in codes, with a subscription based in Germany.

What I've already tried

I have checked the Azure portal, specifically the Alphanumeric Sender ID section, but I have not yet attempted any troubleshooting steps beyond reviewing the portal. I have not submitted any sender ID applications or contacted support for this issue.

Current status

I am requesting guidance on how to register and enable up to seven alphanumeric sender IDs for my SMS service in Germany. I need assistance understanding the requirements, limitations, and the registration process to achieve this configuration.

Azure
Azure

Eine Cloud Computing-Plattform und -Infrastruktur für die Erstellung, Bereitstellung und Verwaltung von Anwendungen und Diensten über ein weltweites Netzwerk aus Rechenzentren, die von Microsoft verwaltetet werden.

0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

Ihre Antwort

Antworten können von Fragestellenden als „Angenommen“ und von Moderierenden als „Empfohlen“ gekennzeichnet werden, wodurch Benutzende wissen, dass diese Antwort das Problem des Fragestellenden gelöst hat.