OneNote for Mac deleted my local notebooks after switching accounts – any way to recover them?

Mette Vester 0 Omdømmepoint
2026-08-05T12:11:15.5666667+00:00

I'm using OneNote on macOS with two Microsoft accounts.

When I switched from one account to the other, OneNote displayed a warning that my local notebooks would be removed. I accidentally clicked Accept.

After that, all my notebooks from the original account disappeared. They are not visible in OneNote Online or OneDrive, so it seems they may never have been synced.

I have not uninstalled OneNote or cleared the cache yet.

Has anyone successfully recovered notebooks in a situation like this, or does anyone know if Microsoft Support can recover them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Microsoft 365 og Office | OneNote | Andet | MacOS
0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

1 svar

Sortér efter: Meget nyttig
  1. IGYQ 22,065 Omdømmepoint Uafhængig rådgiver
    2026-08-05T12:50:18.2866667+00:00

    Hi!

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Can I ask if you have tried to log back in using the original account who created those notebooks? Sign in using that account and check again.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?


Dit svar

Svar kan markeres som "Accepteret" af spørgsmålsforfatteren og "Anbefalet" af redaktører, hvilket hjælper brugerne med at vide, at svaret løste forfatterens problem.