Urgent help needed – BitLocker locked PC and account waiting period

omar alzaben 0 Omdømmepoint
2026-02-17T14:33:00.92+00:00

Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

I am writing because I am currently completely locked out of my computer and I really need your help.
I recently had to change security settings (Secure Boot) in order to play a game, and after restarting my PC it became locked with BitLocker. The recovery key is stored in my Microsoft account, but I cannot sign in because I added a new security email and now the system tells me to wait 30 days.

I understand this is for security, but I am the real owner of the account and device, and right now I cannot use my computer at all. I cannot access my files, school/work material, or anything on the PC. Waiting a full month would be extremely difficult for me.

I kindly ask if there is any possible way to verify my identity faster or temporarily access my BitLocker recovery key. I am ready to provide any proof needed (old passwords, device information, location, previous sign-ins, etc.).

I would be very grateful if you could help me resolve this as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Microsoft 365 og Office | Andet
0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

1 svar

Sortér efter: Meget nyttig
  1. GsN5034 - IA 78,085 Omdømmepoint Uafhængig rådgiver
    2026-02-17T15:13:26.48+00:00

    Hello, thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A.

    Unfortunately, Microsoft cannot expedite the 30-day waiting process.

    According to the Microsoft article here, if you remove all of your previous security information and replace it with something new, your account will be put into a restricted state for 30 days.

    Hvad betyder "Ændringer af sikkerhedsoplysninger afventer stadig"?

    If the files are very important, you will need to wait until the security Information is replaced in your Microsoft account. Otherwise, you can use a Windows 11 USB Bootable installation media to reinstall Windows, which will completely wipe all the data in your HDD.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

Dit svar

Svar kan markeres som "Accepteret" af spørgsmålsforfatteren og "Anbefalet" af redaktører, hvilket hjælper brugerne med at vide, at svaret løste forfatterens problem.