Antispoofing false positive

Tina Andersen 0 Omdømmepoint
2026-02-06T10:59:20.44+00:00

My hotmail account is falsely flagged by anti spoofing i think.

Emails from my self always go to junk and cannot be released into the inbox.

I cannot mark them as "NOT JUNK" and outlook treats my own adress as an unsafe sender.

I have tried changing alias without luck.

My IP adress in not blocked.

I need my spamprofile/spoofing reset.

Help :)

Outlook | Internet | Outlook.com | Kontostyring, -sikkerhed og -databeskyttelse
0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

7 svar

Sortér efter: Ældste
  1. Chloe-L 13,690 Omdømmepoint Eksternt Microsoft-personale Redaktør
    2026-02-06T19:35:02.5+00:00

    Disclaimer: I noticed that you posted your question in the Denmark region in English. For your convenience, my response will be in English, but if you would prefer to use Danish, please let me know. Thank you for your understanding.


    Hello Tina Andersen,

    Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Q&A. I am very sorry to hear that your own account is flagging you as a security threat. I understand how frustrating it is when your own emails are locked in Junk and the "Not Junk" button is disabled.

    Since your emails are being blocked and you cannot release them, I recommend you should log in to Outlook.com right now and create a specific "Inbox Rule" to force these messages to land in your Inbox. As a Microsoft Q&A forum Support agent, I cannot manually reset your "spam profile" or "spoofing score" on the server. Creating a bypass rule is the fastest way to stop the system from filtering your own mail.

    Step 1: Create a "Force Inbox" Rule 

    Since the Junk filter is overriding the standard buttons, a rule allows you to "whitelist" yourself manually.

    1. Log in to outlook.live.com on a computer.
    2. Go to Settings (Gear Icon) > Mail > Rules.
    3. Click Add new rule.
    4. Name: "Allow Self-Emails".
    5. Condition: Select "From" -> Type your own email address.
    6. Action: Select "Move to" -> Inbox.
      • Crucial: Check the box "Run rule now" to rescue the emails currently in Junk.
    7. Click Save.

    Step 2: Add to Safe Senders

    After creating the rule, you should also try to explicitly add your domain to the Safe list.

    1. Go to Settings > Mail > Junk email.
    2. Under Safe senders and domains, click + Add.
    3. Type your email address and press Enter.
    4. Click Save.

    Step 3: Check Your Sending Method

    If this issue persists even after the rule, it is often caused by the way you are sending the email (e.g., using a phone app vs. the web).

    • Test: Send an email from the web browser (outlook.live.com) to yourself.
    • Result: If the web email works fine but phone emails go to Junk, the issue is likely the SMTP settings in your phone app. You would need to remove and re-add the account on your mobile device to refresh the authentication tokens.

    I sincerely hope that creating the "Force Inbox" rule acts as the manual reset you need to stop these false flags. Please let me know if you need further assistance or if there are any other details I can clarify for you.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?


  2. Tina Andersen 0 Omdømmepoint
    2026-02-10T10:50:21.0066667+00:00

    Brugerens billede

    Step 2)

    Here you see, that i am not allowed to add my own email adress as a trusted sender.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

  3. Tina Andersen 0 Omdømmepoint
    2026-02-10T10:52:05.1166667+00:00

    Step 3)

    here you see that it does not amke a difference if i send from mobileapp or pc browser. first they end up in the uwanted box and is quickly transferedBrugerens billede

    to the junk box automatically.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

  4. Tina Andersen 0 Omdømmepoint
    2026-03-23T10:55:51.3366667+00:00
    1. There is no hidden rule, just the one you suggested
    2. There is no forwarding
    3. I cant. That is why i am in problems. I have spent 100 hours on try to make my mail work. I am 1 seconds away from deleting my accounaccount and go to gmail because i cant get help. See my video when trying to use the help function.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

  5. Tina Andersen 0 Omdømmepoint
    2026-03-23T10:57:35.2033333+00:00

    I cant upload a video of the failure. Point is, the search bar under help does not work and i dont get the option to contact support. I hoped you were support.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?


Dit svar

Svar kan markeres som "Accepteret" af spørgsmålsforfatteren og "Anbefalet" af redaktører, hvilket hjælper brugerne med at vide, at svaret løste forfatterens problem.