Limit on mail distribution

Jørn Nielsen 0 Omdømmepoint
2026-02-05T09:39:21.1933333+00:00

Hello, I have recently upgraded my Microsoft 365 from Basic to Personal solely for the purpose of avoiding the very low limit on the number of mails to be distributed to members of an association that I manage. But I am still inexplicably hitting the low level (around 30) when I circulate mails to the members. The Personal Microsoft 365 should allow for around 500 mails, so what is going wrong here??

Microsoft 365 og Office | Andet
0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

1 svar

Sortér efter: Meget nyttig
  1. Zoevi-V 4,015 Omdømmepoint Eksternt Microsoft-personale Redaktør
    2026-02-06T06:58:44.16+00:00

    Please note that Danish Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Danish. However, I will still provide an answer on English based on your initial response. 


    Hi Jørn Nielsen,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A Forum and for explaining the situation.

    Upgrading to Microsoft 365 Personal raises your theoretical send limits, but Outlook.com still applies safety throttles until your account builds reputation. For subscribers the ceilings are: 5,000 recipients/day, 500 recipients per message, and 1,000 “non‑relationship” recipients/day (people you’ve never emailed before).

    New or low‑reputation accounts can be held to much lower temporary limits, which is why you’re hitting about 30 even after upgrading.

    You can feel free to follow these steps to see the improvement:

    • Fully verify your account: add/confirm phone number, add your backup email, complete your profile, and use Microsoft Authenticator.
    • Warm up gradually: Try send in small batches first (20-40) then and scale up over several days. Prioritize people likely to open/reply.
    • Reduce “first‑time” recipients: add members to Contacts and (if possible) get a quick reply - this moves them out of the stricter “non‑relationship” bucket.

    I hope my answer is helpful. Please feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

Dit svar

Svar kan markeres som "Accepteret" af spørgsmålsforfatteren og "Anbefalet" af redaktører, hvilket hjælper brugerne med at vide, at svaret løste forfatterens problem.