I get an error code 40 on my bluetooth generic adapter driver.

Emil Heide 0 Omdømmepoint
2025-08-16T16:33:27.3466667+00:00

So I was trying to figure out how I could use bluetooth on my PC. I have an AsRock B850 Pro A Wifi where bluetooth 5.2 is supported. However, I get an error on my "Generic Adapter". I can also only see "Bluetooth Audio Getaway System" in my System.

Can anybody help?

Windows til hjemmet | Windows 11 | Enheder og drivere
0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

3 svar

Sortér efter: Ældste
  1. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Omdømmepoint Uafhængig rådgiver
    2025-08-16T17:12:43.16+00:00

    Download and install the Bluetooth driver recommended by the manufacturer on the website;

    https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B850%20Pro-A%20WiFi/index.asp#Download


    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.


    Var dette svar nyttigt?


  2. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Omdømmepoint Uafhængig rådgiver
    2025-08-16T18:48:27.5266667+00:00

    Click on start menu and type Device Manager
    Click View menu > Show Hidden Devices
    Expand Bluetooth > Right click on your bluetooth devices and uninstall

    Restart your computer, see if the problem persists. If so, try reinstalling the manufacturer's recommended driver.

    If the problem persists, please send a screenshot of the error message.

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

  3. Emil Heide 0 Omdømmepoint
    2025-08-24T10:54:49.3633333+00:00

    Sorry for the very late reply. This is the error message, and I only see that one driver under Bluetooth. If it's hard to see it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and I only see the Generic Bluetooth Adapter. Also with "Show hidden devices"Brugerens billede

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

Dit svar

Svar kan markeres som "Accepteret" af spørgsmålsforfatteren og "Anbefalet" af redaktører, hvilket hjælper brugerne med at vide, at svaret løste forfatterens problem.