Strange files in my OneDrive ??

KeldSor 396 Omdømmepoint
2025-08-06T06:11:27.9666667+00:00

I have an Access DB - front and back-end in my cloud - copied to Onedrive on some og my machines in the network.

I noticed yesterday, on mine and other machines in the network, some files on the OneDrive I can't explain the use or purpose of - they seem to be copies of my front end :

Access

What are all these numbered "Slægt-V4-KS-??????-X.accdb" used for ?

Can I just delete the OLD ONEs (= with change dates long gone) ?

Microsoft 365 og Office | OneDrive | Til hjemmet | Windows
0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

Svar accepteret af spørgsmålets forfatter
Anonym
2025-08-06T13:36:17.6733333+00:00

Hi KeldSor,
I noticed you're seeing a bunch of extra Access database files in your OneDrive, like Slægt-V4-KS-??????-X.accdb. That can definitely be confusing!

What’s Going On?

These files are usually created when.

  • Multiple people open the same Access file at the same time.
  • OneDrive tries to sync changes from different devices and creates copies to avoid conflicts.
  • Access crashes or doesn’t save properly, so it makes backup versions.

To answer your question. Yes, you can delete the old ones especially if they haven’t been modified in a long time.

And you’re sure no one is using them. Just make sure to keep a backup before deleting anything, just in case.

How to Avoid This in the Future.

  • Give each user their own copy of the front-end file.
  • Keep the back-end (data) on a shared network drive not in OneDrive.
  • Use OneDrive only for backups, not live editing.

If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment” I’m here to assist!

All the best,

Carl

Var dette svar nyttigt?


0 ekstra svar

Sortér efter: Meget nyttig

Dit svar

Svar kan markeres som "Accepteret" af spørgsmålsforfatteren og "Anbefalet" af redaktører, hvilket hjælper brugerne med at vide, at svaret løste forfatterens problem.