En Microsoft-tjeneste til hosting og synkronisering af filer.
Dear respected Signe_0688,
Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.
I’m sorry you’re having a problem and for the situation you encountered, we deeply understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.
As per your description, I think your Word document file does not sync to OneDrive cloud location, and that's why you get error message. However, may I know have you tried Enable Time Machine on your system. Time Machine runs a backup once an hour, from which you can get the document as it existed then.
Also, here is article to recover file in Office for mac you may refer this article and see if you can find: Recover files in Office for Mac.
In the meantime, for some reason, you still cannot recover your Word document, to avoid this situation and avoid data loss in the further, we’d suggest you Save your Office files into OneDrive, then turn on AutoSave. AutoSave is a new feature available in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for Office 365 subscribers that saves your file automatically, every few seconds, as you work.
With these options enabled, you’re giving yourself the best chance of having a backup of your work, or a version that you can recover, if something goes awry. All it takes is a few clicks, but it could save you lots of time and effort further down the line.
I'm really Sorry and I apologize for it.
Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.
Sincerely,
Waqas Muhammad