Sending mail to Teams channel.

Anonym
2023-09-25T08:56:49+00:00

Hi.

We have an issue sending mail to Teams channel from a scanner/copier.
Created an o365 user account for sending mail from devices through PaperCut software.
Let’s call it ******@mydomain.com
Signing in to Outlook with @mydomain.com and sending mail with PDF file to the team channel 6******@emea.teams.ms is working fine and I can see in the Exchange administration mail flow that mail is delivered and the mail is shown in Teams as expected.
Sending scan from copier though Papercut, signed in with the same @mydomail.com address to same Teams channel mail 6******@emea.teams.ms sends with no error, looking in Exchange administration mail flow shows that the mail is delivered, perfect! Issue is that the mail never shows in the Team channel.

Bonus information: Sending mails from copier, through Papercut to a user ******@mydomain.com  using the same ******@mydomain.com  works fine. Mail shows up in Exchange Administration mail flow shows delivered and end user receives the mail.
Papercut support have been contacted and have got debug logs. But as expected the mails are sending out and is being delivered from the papercut server, as explained it also shows in Exchange administration mail flow and supports the thought that the error is not due to Papercut software.

Anyone know how to debug this or have any inputs or experience on how to get it working?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams til uddannelse | Teams og kanaler | Andet

Låst spørgsmål. Dette spørgsmål blev migreret fra Microsoft Support-community'et. Du kan stemme om, hvorvidt det er nyttigt, men du kan ikke tilføje kommentarer eller svar eller følge spørgsmålet.

0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

3 svar

Sortér efter: Meget nyttig
  1. Anonym
    2023-09-29T00:02:59+00:00

    Hi,

    Unfortunately, I do not have any more troubleshooting to offer, there are knowledgeable experts on the platform and I hope someone else will take a look at your issue.

    Thanks, Sola

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer
  2. Anonym
    2023-09-27T10:35:36+00:00

    Hallo Sola.

    Thank you for the time you put into this.
    Sadly all the mail address examples I gave was removed for privacy reasons.
    Channel is not restricted and test mail to channel works fine, using the same mail account as copier/papercut software.
    As explained, I have created a user with mail address “A at mydomain.com”
    If I send from outlook to team channel the mail goes through. The mail I am sending I same format as the mail the copier is sending. Mail I way below 10MB, and there is no body text, so no format to see. Once again, I do not put any text in the test mail, only header and pdf file, using same account sending the mail and it works.
    The mail header/spam filter there is nothing to show. The account that I am using is inside same o365 tenant and as explained, I can see the mail under exchange administration - mail flow, that it has been delivered at the team channel mail: “something at emea.teams.ms”
    Message is the same for test mail that works and mail from copier that do not work.
    SharePoint sync folder. As explained the test mail works and ends up I the right folder.
    Sadly, none of the supported links/solutions works for me.
    I need some kind of log where I can see why the mail / file is "rejected" by SharePoint.

    Kind regards

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer
  3. Anonym
    2023-09-25T12:02:01+00:00

    Hi Nikolaj,

    Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconveniences,

    Here are some possible solutions that you can try:

    • Check the channel settings and permissions. Make sure that the channel email address is not restricted by the channel moderation setting or the team owners. You can check the channel settings by going to the channel name, and selecting More options > Manage channel. You can also contact your team owners or IT admin for more information.
    • Check the email format and size. Make sure that the email sent from the scanner/copier is in a supported format, such as HTML or plain text, and that it does not exceed the size limit of 10 MB. You can also try to reduce the number of attachments or the resolution of the scanned documents to make the email smaller.
    • Check the email headers and spam filters. Make sure that the email sent from the scanner/copier has a valid sender address and does not contain any spam-like content or keywords that may trigger the spam filters of Teams or Exchange. You can also check the email headers of the delivered email in Exchange administration mail flow and compare it with the email headers of the missing email in Papercut logs to see if there are any differences or errors.
    • Check the SharePoint folder and sync status. Make sure that the SharePoint folder associated with the channel is not deleted, renamed, or out of sync. You can check the SharePoint folder by going to the channel, and selecting Files > Show actions > Open in SharePoint. You can also try to refresh or sync the folder by clicking on the Refresh icon or Sync icon on the top right corner of the screen.

    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/teams-developer/scan-a-document-or-save-a-picture-directly-to-a-teams-folder/m-p/1206742

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/send-an-email-to-a-channel-in-microsoft-teams-d91db004-d9d7-4a47-82e6-fb1b16dfd51e

    I hope this helps!

    Regards, Sola

    Var dette svar nyttigt?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer